Iberico Pork Tomahawk
SOLD PER CHOP
Average weight per chop: 400-600g
100% Iberico pork imported from Spain.
Iberico pork is a special kind of pork that is derived from the Black Iberian pig found in the Iberian Peninsula. They are more flavorful and nutritious because the Iberian pigs are acorn-fed and are allowed to run freely in the wild fields for at least two seasons.
A very special genetic characteristic of the Ibérico pig is its capacity to accumulate infiltrated fats rich in oleic acid and other unsaturated fatty acids. This is the same fat that is found in olive oil, thus the Ibérico pig is also known as “a walking olive”.
Unsaturated fatty acids, in particular oleic acid, contribute to an increase in the HDL level (good cholesterol) and reduce the LDL level (bad cholesterol), and are thereby considered heart-healthy. They also help in the absorption of nutrients and vitamins.
Iberico pork is therefore the best choice for lovers of healthy and delicious meat.
- Defrost the Iberico tomahawk in the refrigerator overnight.
- Season the top, bottom and all sides of the tomahawk with kosher salt and pepper. Use a generous amount of salt as this is a thick steak.
- Grill or pan sear in 1T olive oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes each side or until well seared and with an internal temp of 145F.
- Transfer the steak to a baking pan. Finish off in a preheated oven at 375F for a few more minutes.
- Let rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!