Ernest Soulard Duck Breast
Ernest Soulard Frozen Duck Breast
Roasted Duck Breast
- Score the skin of the duck breast. Season both sides of the duck breast with Kosher salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Sear skin-side down in an oven-safe pan over moderately high heat for 5-8 minutes. Continuously ladle out the rendered fat while the duck breast cooks. Continue until the skin is thin, golden and crispy.
- Flip and rapidly brown the meat side for 20-40 seconds.
- Roast the duck breast in the oven for 10-20 minutes. Cook skin side up until a meat thermometer registers a temperature of 131 degrees F.
- Cover oven roasted duck breast loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Cut and serve with chimichurri.