Ratte Grenaille Potatoes
In stock (can be backordered)
Airflown fresh La Ratte du Touquet Fine de Ratte (Ratte Grenaille) Potatoes from France
The ratte is a variety of potato native to Lyon. Particularly appreciated by gourmets and cooked by several great chefs. Oblong shape with a firm flesh, known for its thin skin and chestnut flavor. There are several ways to enjoy them! They can be cooked with water, in a pan, steamed, baked or even in a microwave!
In 1986, Joel Robuchon created a ratte-based puree recipe, which allowed the Ratte du Touqet to establish its reputation and make its way on the greatest tables. Recreate this at home!
Joël Robuchon’s Ratte Puree (serves 6)
- 1kg Ratte du Touquet potatoes
- 250g butter
- 250ml whole milk
- coarse salt
- WASH the Ratte du Touquet and cook them in 2 liters of salted water for 30 minutes.
- DICE the butter and keep it in the refrigerator.
- HEAT the milk without boiling it.
- PEEL the drained Ratte du Touquet while still hot and pass them through a food mill or puree sieve with the finest size over a saucepan.
- DRY the resulting puree over very low heat, stirring it with a wooden spatula. Add the diced butter and stir vigorously. Gradually add the hot milk, whisking it until the mash comes out of the whisk. Add salt and pepper.
- TASTE the mash very hot.
Recipe from: https://www.larattedutouquet.com/pomme-de-terre-recette/puree-ratte-du-touquet-joel-robuchon/